We want you to be completely satisfied with your purchase and shopping experience. If you are not pleased with your order, please follow this guide for processing exchanges or refunds.
General refund policy for the Society’s online store
Most items purchased from the Society’s online store, shop.wisconsinhistory.org, may be returned or exchanged by mail within 30 days of delivery.
- Shipping fees are not refundable.
- Items must be in new condition and in original packaging.
- Items that arrive damaged qualify for refunds. If the item was clearly damaged during shipping, take a photo of the damaged item and packaging, and contact us immediately.
- Items purchased at the Society’s historic sites must be returned to the place of purchase.
- Some items and event registrations are not returnable; see below.
Returning Society Press books
WHS Press books may be returned if the book is defective or if you received the wrong book. To initiate WHS Press book returns, please contact email@example.com or call 608-261-9366 for instructions. Society Press Books ship separately from gifts and apparel.
How refunds are processed
Refunds are issued after the items are received at our fulfillment center, and they are applied to the same credit or debit card used for the purchase. Please allow five (5) business days for processing once the item has been received at our facility. Wisconsin Epayment Services sends a refund confirmation email to the email address used at the time of purchase.
If the items were a gift, the refund can only be credited to the purchaser. However, a gift recipient can exchange merchandise for a different size or color of the same item if available.
Shipping your return or exchange
- Start your return or exchange by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org, or call 608-261-9366.
- The WHS will provide a return label.
- Pack the item(s) securely. Include a note explaining the reason for the return. If you need to exchange for another size, state the desired size.
- Include the original packing slip (or print the confirmation email), and circle the item(s) being returned.
- Returns will not be refunded if items are lost in the mail, or if WHS does not receive the item(s) for any reason.
- The online store’s mailing address is:
WHS Online Store
816 State Street
Madison, Wisconsin 53706
Items that are not returnable or exchangeable include the following:
- Sale and clearance priced items
- Face masks and all food items
- Webinar registrations
- Fulfilled genealogy research requests
- Historic image reproductions are printed to order and cannot be returned or exchanged.
- Digital downloads
- DVD or CD media that has been opened. If defective, DVD and CD media may be exchanged for an identical product, but not returned.
Need help with your return or exchange?
To speak to a customer service representative, call 608-261-3966 or email email@example.com.