We want you to be completely satisfied with your purchase and shopping experience. If you are not pleased with your order, please follow this guide for exchanges or refunds.
General refund policy for the Society’s online store
Most items purchased online at shop.wisconsinhistory.org may be returned or exchanged within 30 days of delivery. Refunds are issued in the form of original payment for the amount of the returned merchandise.
- Shipping and service fees are not refundable.
- Items must be in new, resaleable, condition and in original packaging.
- If your order was clearly damaged during shipping, please take a photo of the item and packaging, and contact us immediately.
- Items purchased at the Society’s historic sites must be returned to the place of purchase.
- Some items and event registrations are not returnable; see below.
Returning Society Press Books
WHS Press books may be returned if the book is defective or if you received the wrong book. To initiate WHS Press book returns, please contact email@example.com or call 608-261-9366. Processing of refunds
Refunds are issued after the items are received at our fulfillment center, and they are applied to the same credit or debit card used for the purchase. Please allow 5 business days for processing once the item has been received at our facility. Wisconsin Epayment Services sends a refund confirmation email to the email address used at the time of purchase.
If the returned items were a gift, the refund can only be credited to the purchaser. However, a gift recipient can exchange merchandise for a different size or color of the same item, if available.
Shipping your return or exchange
- Customers are responsible for return shipping fees.
- Start your return or exchange by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org, or call 608-261-9366.
- Include the original packing slip or print of the confirmation email, and circle the item(s) you are returning.
- Include a note explaining the reason for the return. If you need to exchange for another size please state the size you desire.
- Pack the item(s) securely, and ship them using a postage paid, traceable ground service. The return address is listed below.
- For the security of your return, ship with a traceable service and keep your tracking number. Returns will not be refunded if items are lost in the mail, or if we do not receive the item(s) for any other reason.
- Ship returnable items to:
WHS Online Store
816 State Street
Madison, Wisconsin 53706
Items that are not returnable or exchangeable include the following:
- Sale items, face masks, all food items
- Webinar registrations
- Summer camp registrations
- Fulfilled genealogy research requests
- Historic image reproductions are printed to order and cannot be returned or exchanged.
- Digital downloads
- DVD or CD media that has been opened. If defective, DVD and CD media may be exchanged for an identical product, but not returned.
Need help with your return?
To speak to a customer service representative, call 608-261-3966. Messages left outside of business hours will be returned within one business day by phone or email. Email us at email@example.com.