Frequently Asked Questions - Wisconsin Historical Society Online Store
Who do I contact if I have a question about a product or need assistance checking out? Please send an email to email@example.com or call 608-261-9366.
Questions About Wisconsin Historical Society (WHS) Member Discounts
- How do I get my member discount in the Society's online store? Go to the shopping cart page to review the items in your cart. The link to the shopping cart is at the top right corner. Under the list of items is a space to enter a discount code. Enter your member number in the discount code box and click "Apply discount." If you have questions about our membership or wish to join: Call 1-888-748-7479 (toll free) or by email, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Does the member discount apply to all items? Some items are excluded from member discounts, including but not limited to items already on sale and annual State Capitol ornaments. Shipping is not discounted.
- How much is the member discount? The member discount is 10% off an order's subtotal. Does the member discount double to 20% in May? Yes it does!
Questions About Shipping:
- I’m in Madison, can I order online and pick it up to save on shipping? The WHS online store fulfillment center does not offer local pickup.
- Will my order arrive in one package? Some items in the WHS online store are shipped from different locations. Orders containing a mix of these items will ship separately and will have increased shipping costs. Items shipping from different locations include the following:
- historic image reproductions
- Society Press books
- retail gifts and apparel
- vital records (paper copies)
- National History Day shirts
- Items shipped by third party vendors (will be stated in product description)
- What shipping options does the WHS online store offer?
- The online store ships USPS Priority Mail for most items and orders. Rates for most items are based on parcel size, weight, and destination. Large images and items shipped by third party vendors may be shipped by alternative shipping services.
- Society Press books ship at a flat rate of $8.00 for the first book and $2.50 for additional Press books (subject to change). In the online store, Society Press books have a blue “Society Press” badge over the product image, and they ship from our book distributor located in Chicago.
- Can my order be shipped as a gift to an alternate address? Orders placed with the Society’s online store can be shipped to gift recipients with U.S. addresses. To send to an alternate address, first uncheck the “Ship to same address” box during checkout; then, in the dropdown menu, select “new address.” For assistance, call 608-261-9366, Monday-Friday.
- Does your online store ship internationally? The online store only ships to U.S. addresses at this time. Additionally, customers with some foreign addresses may not be able to check out due to technical limitations, even if the items purchased are non-shipping items (e.g. digital records).
Questions About Tax Exempt Purchases
- I am buying for a library or school with tax-exempt status. Can I place a tax-exempt order online? WHS honors the tax-exempt status of eligible institutions. The WHS online store does not support tax exempt sales at this time. Tax exempt sales must be processed offline. For specific information about different products, please visit the following links:
- How do I purchase WHS Press books for my library or classroom? Please visit How to Purchase Wisconsin Historical Society Press Books for instructions. To order listed titles that are not Society Press books, contact email@example.com.
Other Frequently Asked Questions
- My order arrived damaged, or I received the wrong item. Please see our Return Policy.
- Are all of the products sold in the Wisconsin Historical Museum and other WHS historic sites available online? The Society’s online store is separate from the stores at the WHS historic sites, and all of the sites’ stores carry different inventories. The online store offers a selection of products found in those stores and more.
- How can I find out about the status of my order? What if I need to change or cancel an order? If you registered as a customer in the online store, you can login and check your order status. Customers can also email firstname.lastname@example.org. To change an existing order, it is usually necessary to cancel the original order and place a new order. Contact the appropriate department with questions. Please see our Contact Us page.
- I make a product that would be great in your store; who do I contact? New product reviews are made periodically, and the WHS retail program favors items made in Wisconsin. Potential vendors may send an email to email@example.com. Please write “Product for your consideration” in the subject line. The WHS retail team does not respond to all direct inquiries.
- Can I purchase WHS products to sell in my store? Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and list the products in which you are interested.