In This Issue
- Editor's Letter
- "The Women of Wisconsin Brewing" by Bob Novak
- "Tommy Bartlett's Water Ski Show: The Legacy of a Wisconsin Dells Attraction" by Tamara Funk and Alan Hansen
- "The Cherryland Problem: Door County & Migrant Labor in the Mid-Twentieth Century" by Sergio M. Gonzalez
- Book Excerpt from "Sand and Fire: Exploring a Rare Pine Barrens Landscape" by Dave Peters
- Curio: Lead toy moulding kit from the 1930's
About the "Wisconsin Magazine of History"
"The Wisconsin Magazine of History" is the full-color quarterly magazine of the Wisconsin Historical Society. It informs and delights readers with intriguing articles about Wisconsin culture and the people, places and events of Wisconsin's past. Since it was first published in 1917, the Wisconsin Magazine of History celebrates all that makes Wisconsin special. Carefully researched and beautifully presented, the magazine documents the rich social, economic, and political history of Wisconsin with photographs, cartoons, posters and drawings from visual materials in the Society's collections. Every issue also features book excerpts from the award-winning Wisconsin Historical Society Press, Wisconsin's oldest book publisher.
Issues become available for purchase online only after a new issue is released. For example, the spring issue becomes available only after the summer issue is released. If issues are not listed online, they are not available for purchase. Once out of stock, issues will not be restocked.
How to Get a Free Subscription
Subscriptions to the Wisconsin Magazine of History are a benefit of membership in the Wisconsin Historical Society. To become a member, visit Become a Member, or call us toll free at 1-888-748-7479.
Browse the "Wisconsin Magazine of History" Online
Browse over 100 years of Wisconsin History in the of the "Wisconsin Magazine of History’s" online archive. Click here to browse.