Request search of the Wisconsin Historical Society's non population census records. The staff will spend up to 30 minutes per request. Payment covers the search time, regardless of whether a search is successful. Delivery can take up to 21 days with longer delivery time expected around holidays. Documents, if found, will be emailed as PDF attachments.
Censuses are official, periodic counts of populations including such information as age, gender and occupation. They pinpoint where your ancestors resided during specific years of their lives and provide various details about them. Censuses can lay the foundation for the rest of your genealogical research. They offer clues to help you find information about your lineage and can point you to other resources to investigate.
Additional non-population census schedules were created by the Federal government for the years 1850-1880 which provide information about your ancestors and the world in which they lived. These schedules include agricultural info about family farms, industrial/manufacturing details about family owned businesses, mortality (death information) for certain years, and family members fitting into “Defective, Dependent and Delinquent Classes.”
Information required to start search request
- Full name
- Place of residence at time of the census
- Ward # if living in a large city, like Milwaukee or Madison
- The year.
- The type of Special Schedule (i.e. agricultural, industrial, mortaility, or DDD.
- If you have any questions about these sources, please email our reference staff at email@example.com.
- The fee is per request.
- The fee is not refundable.
- Each request is limited to one schedule and one year.
- Payment covers search time, regardless of whether a search is successful. Not all residents show up in the schedules.
Document delivery time
PDF documents will be delivered by email attachment. Delivery can take up to 21 days. Expect longer delivery times around holidays. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.