The Wisconsin Historical Society is proud to be a part of the 2018 Ulster Historical Foundation Lecture Tour!
Join Fintan Mullan and Gillian Hunt from the Foundation during their annual North American lecture tour to learn how to get the most out of Irish resources and records, gain strategies for breaking down brick walls, and grasp important historical context that may help fill in gaps in your research.
Whether you are just beginning your Irish research or have been at it for years, you won’t want to miss these workshops!
- Introduction to Irish and Scots-Irish Family History Research
- Using land records: Griffith's Valuation, Tithe and Estate Records
- Census substitutes and other important sources for the 18th and 19th centuries
- Records Related to the Different Churches in Ireland
- Sources for finding seventeenth-century families in Ireland, includes, though does not focus exclusively on the Plantation of Ulster
Thursday, March 8th, 2018
9 am- 5 pm
Memorial Library, Room 126
$30 (10% off for Wisconsin Historical Society and Wisconsin State Genealogical Society members! WSGS Members use code WSGS18 at checkout!
Each attendee has the choice of the following box lunches:
Choice 1: Ham, Swiss, Dijon Aioli, Spring Mix, Rye Bread
Choice 2: Smoked Turkey, White Cheddar, Bacon, Tomato Aioli, Multigrain Bread
Choice 3: Butternut Squash Spread, Grilled Vegetables, Greens, Spinach Tortilla--vegan
Please select if you would like Gluten Free bread
Each lunch box contains the following:
Mixed salad/balsamic dressing on the side, chocolate truffle, kettle chips and soda/water. Feel free to bring your own drink.