Date: Tuesday, March 12
Time: 9:00AM to 5:00PM
Location: Memorial Library Room 126
Discounts: 10% discount for members of WHS or the Wisconsin State Genealogical Society.
Wisconsin Historical Society Members: Use your member number.
Wisconsin State Genealogical Society members: Use code WSGS19
Contact: Lori Bessler 608-264-6519 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Lecturers: Fintan Mullen and Gillian Hunt of the Ulster County Historical Foundation. Founded in 1956, the Ulster Historical Foundation is a long-established, highly reputable research and publishing agency. It offers its extensive knowledge to help people discover their Irish and Scots-Irish ancestors, developing into one of the principal genealogical research agencies in Ireland.
This workshop always sells out. Be sure to register early!
- Introduction to Irish and Scots-Irish family history research
- Using printed sources for Irish family history: newspapers, street directories, Ordnance Survey Memoirs and the British Parliamentary Papers on Ireland
- Using Irish landed estate records to find eighteenth- and nineteenth-century ancestors
- Irish wills and testamentary records: an underused source for researching Irish families
- The Irish Poor Law and local government records: Board of Guardians, workhouse registers and Grand Jury records
THREE BOX LUNCH CHOICES
- Box 1 : Ham, Swiss, Dijon Ailoi, Spring Mix, Rye Bread
- Box 2: Smoked Turkey, White cheddar, Bacon, Tomato Aioli, Multigrain Bread
- Box 3: Butternut Squash Spread, Grilled Vegetables, Greens, Spinach Tortilla-vegan
*Gluten free bread is an option as well. Just let us know.
Each box lunch has the following:
All of these come with a mixed salad/balsamic dressing (packaged separately), a chocolate truffle, kettle chips and soda/water. The drinks will be a mixture of some sodas and water. Attendees are welcome to bring their own beverage.