In this workshop we will explore resources that help family scholars find their ancestors from German-speaking Europe. Antje Petty is the Associate Director of the Max Kade Institute for German-American Studies at the University of Wisconsin–Madison. Co-sponsored with the Friends of Max Kade Institute.
Registration Deadline: 12:00PM, Mar. 04.
When registering more than one person, register each individually, add to cart and repeat.
Not refundable. Full details, below.
- Date: Saturday, March 6, 2021
- Time: 9:00 a.m to 3:00 p.m. (includes a 15 minute break between lectures and a 45 minute lunch break)
- Registration deadline: 12:00pm Thursday, March 4, 2021.
- Location: Webinar (details below)
- All ticket sales are final and non-refundable.
Presenter: Antje Petty
Antje Petty is the Associate Director of the Max Kade Institute for German-American Studies at the University of Wisconsin–Madison. She has extensive experience researching the history of German immigration to America and the families that made the journey.
Many genealogists write their family histories. They strive to not simply create a family tree, but to flesh it out with stories and paint a picture of the world their ancestors lived in. In this workshop we will explore resources that help family scholars find their ancestors from German-speaking Europe and learn more about the experiences of their forefathers and -mothers in the process.
- German Immigration to America
- Beyond Indexes: Primary Resources for German Genealogists on Family Search and Ancestry.com
- Community Documents
- Brick Walls
Webinar Details: After registration closes, we will email you the link needed to participate in the webinar. You will need a computer with internet access to participate. Participants will be able to ask questions. If no internet access is available to you, you may be able to participate by call-in for audio-only access. If you don't see the email in your inbox, check your junkmail folder, just in case. A recording of the presentation will be available for 30 days for those who register only.
Discounts: Discount codes must be applied during checkout. They cannot be applied after checking out.
- Society member discount: WHS Members, enter your WHS member number in the discount field at checkout.
- Wisconsin State Genealogical Society member discount: When checking out, enter the code WSGS. Use all upper case.
- Max Kade Institute Members: When checking out, use the code MK2021.
- Discounts cannot be applied after checkout.
Contact for questions:
Buying Multiple Tickets: Tickets must be added to your cart individually. To purchase more than one ticket, add the first ticket to your cart, then go back and add each additional ticket separately. Complete the check out process when you have the desired number of tickets in your cart. All ticket sales are final and non-refundable.