Join staff from the Ulster Historical Foundation as we share stories and explore the best strategies to discover your Irish ancestors. This is an in-person event. Saturday, Mar. 18, 2023. Details below.
Buying multiple tickets? Each registrant is advised to check out individually to ensure that workshop infomation can be sent to the email address captured at checkout.
- Date: Saturday, Mar. 18, 2023
- Time: 9:00 a.m to 4:00 p.m. CDT (with breaks and time for Q&A)
- Location: Room 126 UW-Madison Memorial Library, 728 State St., Madison, WI, 53706
- Registration deadline: Wed., Mar. 5, 2023, 12:00 p.m.
- Limited to 70 registrants
- All ticket sales are final and non-refundable.
Nearly 4.5 million Irish immigrants came to Wisconsin, making them the second-largest immigrant group in the state's history. Are you one of them? Fáilte! Join the Wisconsin Historical Society and the Ulster Historical Foundation's Fintan Mullan and Gillian Hunt, as we share stories and explore the best strategies to discover your Irish ancestors."
The in-person workshop includes four, hour-long sessions and a 15-minute Q&A, with time for breaks and lunch included.
Starting or expanding your family history research can be a daunting task! Don't worry, our genealogy workshops will give you all the tools you need to start filling out your family tree while avoiding common roadblocks. These workshops are a great opportunity to blend family stories with historical backgrounds to explore and get to know your ancestors even deeper.
All boxed lunch options come with side salad, kettle chips, chocolate chip cookie, assorted cold beverages.
- Butternut squash spread, grilled vegetables, greens, spinnach tortilla (roll-up)
- Italian meat and cheeses on ciabatta hoagie with zesty mayo
- Smoked turkey, spring mix, tomato spread, havarti, croissant
Know before you go
- Please arrive 15-20 minutes before the program begins.
- Nearby paid parking is available at the State Street Campus Garage (415 Lake St.)
- Buying multiple tickets? Each registrant is advised to check out individually to ensure that workshop information can be emailed directly to each customer that checks out.
Discount codes must be applied in the shopping cart before proceeding to payment. They cannot be applied or refunded after checking out.
- Society members: Enter your WHS member number in the discount code field in the shopping cart.
- WSGS members: Use the discount code WSGS in the shopping cart, before checking out.