Buckle up for a genealogy road trip of a lifetime! In this workshop, participants will learn how to plan a successful family history research trip and make the most out of their travel time. Webinar. Saturday, April 27, 2024.
Buying multiple tickets? Each registrant is advised to check out individually to ensure that webinar infomation can be sent to the email address captured at checkout.
- Date: Saturday, April 27, 2024
- Time: 9:00 a.m to 3:00 p.m. CDT (with breaks and time for Q&A)
- This event is an online-only webinar
- Registration deadline: Thursday, April 25, 2023, 12:00 p.m. CT
- Advance registration required. Don't delay!
- All ticket sales are final and non-refundable.
Presenter: Patricia Glover-Howard
Buckle up for a genealogy road trip of a lifetime! In this workshop, participants will learn how to plan a successful family history research trip, using library catalogs, timelines, technology programs, and more to stay organized and make the most out of their travel time. Those who research their family history will be better prepared to make the most of family history research trips and have an incredible experience finding their family roots.
- Making a List and Checking It Twice: Genealogy Catalogs to Explore
- Planning a Family History Trip: Using Timelines and Technology for Organization
- Where Can I Look? Visiting Libraries, Archives, and Museums
- Got Evidence? Share Your Findings with Other Seekers Using GPS
Know before you go
- A link to the webinar will be emailed after registration closes. If you do not see the email, please check your spam folder. A computer with internet access is required to participate.
- If you do not have internet access, you may be able to call in for audio-only access.
- A recording of the webinar will be available to registrants for 30 days following the event.
- Buying multiple tickets? Each registrant is advised to check out individually to ensure that the webinar link will be emailed to the customer name entered at checkout.
- Advance registration required.
Discount codes must be applied in the shopping cart before proceeding to payment. Discounts cannot be applied or refunded after checking out.
- Society members: Enter your WHS member number in the discount code field in the shopping cart.
- WSGS members: Use the discount code WSGS in the shopping cart, before checking out.