Join Julie Miller, a nationally-known genealogy speaker and researcher, on a journey through unique sources and methods for genealogical research. Saturday, Oct. 7, 2023.
Buying multiple tickets? Each registrant is advised to check out individually to ensure that webinar infomation can be sent to the email address captured at checkout.
- Date: Saturday, Oct. 7, 2023
- Time: 9:00 a.m to 3:00 p.m. CDT (with breaks and time for Q&A)
- This event is an online-only webinar
- Registration deadline: Thursday, Oct. 05, 2023, 12:00 p.m.
- All ticket sales are final and non-refundable.
Join Julie Miller, a nationally-known genealogy speaker and researcher, on a journey through unique sources and methods for genealogical research. Miller presents a case study that pulls all of these methods together to tell an amazing story. This workshop is for all levels of genealogical research. Topics include:
- Transcribing Documents: An Essential Skill for Genealogists
- Abstracting Documents: An Essential Skill for All Genealogists
- Sources or Clues? Pitfalls of Using Published Genealogies and Online Trees
- Eddie Wench: The Case of a Little Lost Boy
Starting your family history research can be a daunting task, and organizing and analyzing the results can become even more overwhelming. Don't worry, our genealogy workshops will give you all the tools you need to start filling out your family tree while avoiding common roadblocks.
Know before you go
- A link to the webinar will be emailed after registration closes. If you do not see the email, please check your spam folder. A computer with internet access is required to participate.
- If you do not have internet access, you may be able to call in for audio-only access.
- A recording of the webinar will be available to registrants for 30 days following the event.
- Buying multiple tickets? Each registrant is advised to check out individually to ensure that the webinar link will be emailed to the customer name entered at checkout.
Discount codes must be applied in the shopping cart before proceeding to payment. They cannot be applied or refunded after checking out.
- Society members: Enter your WHS member number in the discount code field in the shopping cart.
- WSGS members: Use the discount code WSGS in the shopping cart, before checking out.