Join the Wisconsin Historical Society and Margaret Fortier, board member of the Association of Professional Genealogists, as we share best strategies to discover your French Canadian ancestors. Webinar. Saturday, Oct. 28, 2023.
Buying multiple tickets? Each registrant is advised to check out individually to ensure that webinar infomation can be sent to the email address captured at checkout.
- Date: Saturday, Oct. 28, 2023
- Time: 9:00 a.m to 3:00 p.m. CDT (with breaks and time for Q&A)
- This event is an online-only webinar
- Registration deadline: Thursday, Oct. 26, 2023, 12:00 p.m.
- All ticket sales are final and non-refundable.
Join the Wisconsin Historical Society and Margaret Fortier, board member of the Association of Professional Genealogists and member of the Program Committee for the 2021 New England Regional Genealogical Consortium Conference as we share stories and best strategies to discover your French Canadian ancestors.
Margaret holds a BSBA from Boston College and an MS in Human Factors in Information Design (HFID) from Bentley University. She is a Certified Genealogist, speaker and writer based in the Boston area.
Starting or expanding your family history research can be a daunting task! Don't worry, our genealogy workshops will give you all the tools you need to start filling out your family tree while avoiding common roadblocks. These workshops are a great opportunity to blend family stories with historical backgrounds to explore and get to know your ancestors even deeper.
Explore diverse topics, including:
- French-Canadian Genealogy: Getting Started
- From Phaneuf to Farnsworth: Understanding Name Changes in the US
- Strategies for Records in French
- Best Practices for French-Canadian Research
Know before you go
- A link to the webinar will be emailed after registration closes. If you do not see the email, please check your spam folder. A computer with internet access is required to participate.
- If you do not have internet access, you may be able to call in for audio-only access.
- A recording of the webinar will be available to registrants for 30 days following the event.
- Buying multiple tickets? Each registrant is advised to check out individually to ensure that the webinar link will be emailed to the customer name entered at checkout.
Discount codes must be applied in the shopping cart before proceeding to payment. They cannot be applied or refunded after checking out.
- Society members: Enter your WHS member number in the discount code field in the shopping cart.
- WSGS members: Use the discount code WSGS in the shopping cart, before checking out.