Author: Theron Georges
Aluminum Christmas trees became a popular holiday fixture in the 1960s, and the Aluminum Specialty Company of Manitowoc, Wisconsin, helped launch the national craze. Their tree, the Evergleam, was the most popular tree available, and several million of them found their way into American homes. Original trees, images, and artifacts from the 1960s are now a part of Wisconsin Historical Society collections. Celebrate the season with this Wisconsin innovation that took the country by storm!
The evergleam book is filled with never before seen epherma as well as a complete encyclopedia of evergleam information.
Fully illustrated. Hardcover.
What's New in This Edition?
- 4 New Chapters
- 5 New Sidebar Stories
- 6 Cameos of Former Aluminum Specialty Employees
- Newly Added Newspaper Clippings Highlighting Significant Milestones
- Vintage Family Photographs Throughout
- Complete Catalog of "Evergreen" Line Of Trees
- Updated Evergleam Subchapters and Tables
- Expanded Archives And Ephemera Chapter
- New High Quality Coated Art Paper With High Gloss Varnish